Recipe by incdeb
This jam is made without pectin and the list of ingredients couldn't be simpler. You will need a very large pot to prepare this in, as the jam boils up double in size during the early stages of cooking.
Top Review by HeyJami
Made my 2nd batch - delicious! I watched the temp and brought it to 240 degrees. I also added 1/2 tablespoon of butter to keep it from foaming (great trick I learned from recipe 62194!). Turned out fantastic! Thanks for the great recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Sterilize your canning jars by boiling for 10 minutes in a hot water canner.
- You will need 5 pint jars or 10 half-pints.
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Once mixture reaches a rolling boil, continue to boil it for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking.
- Remove from heat and fill jars, leaving 1/4 head space.
- Wipe rims clean and put the 2-piece metal canning lids in place.
- Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.