Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Jellies, James & Chutneys – Preserving the Harvest makes 2 ¾ pound
Make and share this Apricot Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the apricots into quarters and remove the pits. Put the fruit, 1 ¾ cup water and lemon juice into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until the fruit is very soft.
- Add the sugar, allowing it to dissolve into the fruit. Try not to stir too much – you want to retain some chunks to give the jam texture.
- Increase the heat and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes and then stir in the pectin. Boil for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and test for set.
- When the jam has reached the setting point, ladle into sterilized jars and seal.