Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
summer fruit recipe. jam is really good to make share and use in your cooking you can can it or just simply put it in jars to use and give away take to a picnic with some fresh made bread or crackers. it will be a big hit around your friends. you can also use it as a topper for chicken or pork saute some onion with salt and pepper and throw your jam in and u have dinner
- 4 cups fresh peeled chopped apricots
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pectin
- 3 -4 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 finely diced orange bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 4 -6 drops orange food coloring (optional)
- Combine peppers, apricots, jalapenos, vinegar and sugar in a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pectin; return to a boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute (or longer to achieve desired consistency). Remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process in a for the Shorter Time Processing Procedure- 5 minutes, with additional minutes if altitude is over 300 ft.
- Makes 4-5 half pint jars!