Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is one of the best recipes for a ham glaze, I use it quite often for a special ham dinner and I always get rave reviews from all my guests and family, this may easily be doubled :)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ham glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon ham glaze over ham.
- Baste during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
I will rate this when I use apricot. I used orange... it's all I had and I didn't use the cornstarch... I now know why you baste it at the end. Ooops. ;O) Very good... I didn't use the cornstarch I will next time. I can't wait to make this during Christmas... great aroma... and way easy.
Used this glaze on my Christmas Ham and got rave reviews from family and friends. I also had some dried apricots and cherries that I diced very small and put in the pot. When I reduced my sauce they worked perfectly. I will use this glaze on more than just ham in the future. Thanks Kitten.