Recipe by Manami
This was great for our 1st barbecue of the season! It is delicious! Serve with herbed rice for the glaze and a delicious green salad. Found on Land O' Lakes.
Top Review by Coley02
This is absolutely wonderful!! I was a little nervous about the onions and honey together, but it is excellent. Even my BF, who is extremely picky, loves it. He wants me to make it all the time. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup apricot fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 1-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is softened (1 minute).
- Stir in all remaining glaze ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Combine oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Rub on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken onto grill.
- Grill, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when pierced with a fork (15 to 20 minutes).
- Brush chicken with glaze during last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Cook remaining glaze in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm glaze over chicken.