1/4 Photos of Apricot Honey Butter
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Deb Wolf's Note:
This lovely butter is perfect on pancakes, toast, and bagels. It makes 1 pint, so it's perfect for trying and tasting before investing the time for a large batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemons; you'll need 2 tablespoons grated rind and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- 2Combine apricots, lemon rind, water, lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Don't use aluminum; stainless steel is good.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat to low and STIRRING FREQUENTLY, keep at a low boil for 35 - 40 minutes or until apricots are tender.
- 4CAREFULLY pour into blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- 5Add honey; stir and return to boil. Again reduce heat and cook, UNCOVERED, at a low boil until very thick. STIR FREQUENTLY.
- 6Ladle into hot sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims, add hot lids and rings.
- 7Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes OR refrigerate and use within 1 month.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1357.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 372.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.5 g
- Sugars 324.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g