Recipe by Audrey M
A recipe you will enjoy during the holidays from the Gooseberry Christmas Book #2.
- 5 lbs boneless ham, fully cooked
- whole cloves
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Score top of ham in a diamond pattern, making cuts about 1/4 inch deep.
- Stud with whole cloves.
- Insert a meat thermometer into center of ham.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Combine apricot preserves and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir in orange zest, orange or pineapple juice and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Top ham with pineapple slices.
- spoon some of the preserves mixture over the ham 2 or 3 times during last last 30 minutes of baking.
- Before serving, discard cloves and slice ham thinly.
- Serve with remaining sauce and pineapple slices.