Recipe by English_Rose
Fantasic as part of the meal - so much more than just a stuffing for the turkey.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 5 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in the butter. Stir in nuts; fry until golden.
- Remove from the heat, add apricots, breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest. Mix in the egg and season.
- Use half to stuff the neck end of the turkey; shape the rest into balls.
- Put the balls in a buttered baking dish, then drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 30 mins until golden, or roast them around the turkey.