2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
We have made this only with jalepeno peppers (no guts), they are delicious!! and easy. adapted from B H & G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs short rib of beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 habaneros or 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and finely chopped (if preferred, substitute jalepeno peppers, as many as your like)
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Trim fat from ribs.
- 2Place ribs in a 4 to 6 quart pot with enough water to cover the ribs.
- 3Bring to boiling, reduce heat, simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours or until tender, drain.
- 4Sauce: In a small saucepan cook the onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 5Stir in catsup, apricot preserves, vinegar, pepper,steak sauce and chili powder.
- 6Bring just to boiling, reduce heat, simmer,uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionaly,set aside.
- 7Stir together the cumin and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- 8Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of ribs, rub into surface.
- 9Prepare grill for grilling or broiler.
- 10If grilling prepare for indirect grilling.
- 11Test for medium heat above the drip pan.
- 12Place ribs meaty side up, on lightly oiled grill rack over the drip pan.
- 13Cover and grill for 15 minutes or until the ribs are tender, brushing occasionally with the sauce.
- 14If using broiler, set broiler pan on rack about 6 inches from heat, place ribs meady side up, broil for about 15/20 minutes, brush with some of the sauce.
- 15Heat the remaining sauce until bubbly; pass with the ribs.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Habanero Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.1
- Calories from Fat 762
- Total Fat 84.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 447.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g