Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this with fresh Habaneros from the garden. A great way to use up extra peppers. Enjoy with cream cheese and crackers, or as a glaze for meats.
- 6 whole habanero peppers
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package Certo
- Cut off stem ends of peppers and blend together with 1/2 of the vinegar, peppers, mango, and the juices.
- DO NOT stick your nose in the blender and take a whiff after you open it.
- In fact, open the windows in the kitchen when making this, and avoid sniffing the fumes from the blender, or pot while it is cooking.
- Bring the rest of the vinegar and sugar to a boil, add the contents from the blender and bring to a boil for two minutes.
- Add the certo and bring to a boil again.
- Skim , pour into jars and seal.
- Let cool upside down, so the seal becomes vacuum packed.
- Makes about 24 oz of jelly.
- ** My recipe states one package Certo, I can't buy it here in Germany, as we have sugar for making jams which includes pectin, and you just add one part sugar, one part fruit mixture. As such, I have guessed the .3 ounces of Certo. Just use one package and it should be ok.