Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crunchy and healthy. Hmm..did I say the "H" word?
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted (or butter)
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in a baking pan.
- Add oats, wheat bran, flour, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, nuts, and cinnamon.
- Toss to mix well, and spread evenly across pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, stirring several times, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and stir in raisins and apricots.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Note: serving size= 2 ounces.
I am very pleased with my first ever attempt at granola. I did substitue craisins for rasins because I had some in the cupboard. This made a finely grained (not clumpy like some granolas), slightly sweet, bran flavored granola. The taste of bran and cinnamon predominates here-not the sweet. I ate over some yogurt...delicious!