Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Preserving Made Easy – Small Batches and Simple Techniques
- 2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 large tart apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Place apricots and water in saucepan. Let stand at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add apple, lemon rind and juice. Bring to a full boil over high heat, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for about 15 minutes or until fruit is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar to saucepan. Return to a boil, reduce heat, and boil gently until mixture will form a light gel, about 25 minutes.
- Add liqueur, return to a boil and boil gently for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in almonds.
- Ladle into hot jars and process for about 10 minutes in boiling water bath.