Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls or 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves (recommend SMUCKER'S)
- 2 tablespoons butter (recommend LAND O LAKES)
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (recommend Fisher Chef's Naturals)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet. Press dough into 13x9-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet. Press dough into 13x9-inch rectangle.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave preserves and butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Spread preserves mixture evenly over dough. Top evenly with cheese and pecans. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Serve warm.
Great appy! I used pecan chips since that is what I had but otherwise followed the recipe. Was very good and will be made again! Anything with gorgonzola and I am in heaven and shockingly, DH ate it too! Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
Oh my - these were so delicious and you couldn't ask for anything simpler. I couldn't find the dough sheet, so went with the crescent roll dough. The gorgonzola gave such a creamy, savory flavor to the sweetness of the preserves. It complemented each other perfectly. I highly recommend this as an easy, tasty appetizer. Made for Spring PAC 2012.