Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a great side dish to turkey or ham, its really delicious! Adjust all ingredients to taste.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut up into large chunks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar or 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Set oven to 350 degree.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes in prepared dish, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in apricot nectar (or preserves) water and orange peel; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook, and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and pecans.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This was very good! I used apricot nectar and it thickened up nicely. The flavors blend together so well. It's a little on the sweet side, so next time I may cut back on the brown sugar just a smidgeon. Thanks for a great recipe, Kittencal!