Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
My family loves this dish, saying it's the juiciest pork recipe they've ever tasted.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apricots or 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon country-style dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make a pocket in the pork loin by slicing down the center, season with salt and fresh pepper; place in a greased shallow baking pan.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until tender.
- Add the dried apricots or cherries and the stuffing croutons; stir in the chicken broth or water.
- Spoon the stuffing losely into the pork loin pocket.
- Save any extra stuffing for baking in the pan the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apricot preserves, mustard, rosemary and garlic.
- Spread this mixture over the pork loin and add any extra stuffing mix.
- Return the pan to the 325 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow loin to rest 10 minutes before slicing.