Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I just made this for Easter and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's from Canadian Living. You can do this with a non-spiral-cut ham: just score a diamond pattern into the trimmed ham. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/apricot_glazed_spiral_ham.php
- 9 lbs spiral cut ham (fully cooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pear nectar or 1 cup pear juice
- 2⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place ham, flat side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Add two cups of water to the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in oven for three hours (or until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F (55°C)).
- On the stove, mix the pear juice, apricot jam, brown sugar, mustard powder, cider vinegar, ginger, and allspice. Heat over medium heat until the jam is dissolved.
- Brush half the glaze onto the ham--get into all those slices!
- Continue to bake the ham, covered, for one more hour. Brush with the remaining glaze halfway through.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let sit, covered, for twenty minutes before serving.
- Slice and enjoy!