Recipe by **Mandy**
This is from a shortcuts cookbook put out by the Australian Meat & Livestock Corporation. The sauce has a lovely tang and it's a good way to use up leftover apricot nectar.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I don't usually use beef sausages, but wanted to have an accurate end product when I made this, so followed the ingredients list right on down & this time around cooked them on the stovetop! Will definitely be making these again, as I want to do some grilling during the summer & this will be a great recipe for that ~ Really enjoyed the apricot flavor here & actually used 3/4 cup of the nectar along with just 1/4 cup of the beef stock! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil sausages in a large saucepan 10 minutes.
- Drain sausages.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 mins, if you require sauce a little thicker add some cornflour mixed with water at this stage.
- To serve you can either simmer some sliced sausages in the sauce to coat or otherwise grill the sausages brushing with the sauce while cooking.