Recipe by HeatherFeather
You will need a 10inch size tube pan or Bundt pan for this recipe. This is one from my Great Aunt's collection. This originally came from the Chicago Tribune.
- 22.18 ml active dry yeast
- 59.14 ml lukewarm water
- 177.44 ml milk, lukewarm
- 946.36 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml butter
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4.92 ml rum flavoring
- 236.59 ml apricot jam
- 14.79 ml rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water; add milk and 1 cup of the flour; beat until smooth.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light& fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, using a mixer.
- Add yeast mixture and remaining flour, the salt, lemon zest, and rum flavoring, beating well.
- Pour into a greased 10" tube pan or Bundt pan.
- Cover and let rise until light, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 F (preheated) for 50 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes in pan before attempting to remove.
- Heat jam with, then force through a strainer.
- Mix strained jam with rum and let cooly slightly.
- Pour over still warm cake.