Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, Quick, Spicy and Tangy. Just a few ingredients and what a nice unique side dish. I know ... not everyone loves those little cabbages. Personally, I love them. This gives this a little sweet glaze with a bit of a tang, but the process is so easy just roasting them. NO pans to clean up which always scores points with me.
- Sprouts -- Heat your oven to 425 and line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper. To prepare the sprouts, I peel the first outside layers of leaves off if brown or wilted, then cut in half lengthwise, keeping the stem in tact. This will keep the sprouts from falling apart. You can trim the stem a little if it is brown, but usually buying them today either at markets or in a grocery store they are very well cleaned.
- In a small bowl add the sprout halves, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper and lightly toss. Put on the baking sheet with parchment paper and put in the oven.
- Baking -- Cook 12-15 minutes and then check. At that point, I like to flip them over so they brown equally on both sides and cook another 10 minutes until tender but still have a little bite to them. I don't like them too soft. But please cook them to the texture you like.
- Sauce -- As the sprouts are roasting add all the ingredients for the sauce (jam, vinegar, lemon juice and zest) in a small pot and heat on medium low and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Finish -- After the sprouts are done place in a large serving bowl and drizzle with the apricot glaze.
- Enjoy! This is great served with some roasted chicken or a pork roast, mashed potatoes, etc. It reminds me of Fall food and comforting meals. Growing up Fall and weekend dinners always seem to have braised meats, slow cooked vegetables from our summer garden, and sprouts were always a part of it and always a favorite.
Good new way to prepare brussels sprouts. My husband loved them roasted (instead of boiling like I had done before). Everyone loved the sweet glaze but no one could firgure out what was in it. I actually used apple jam because that is what I had in the house.