Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a perfect side to a turkey, prime rib or ham dinner. The recipe can easily be doubled.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear (ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Rinse spears under cold water then pat dry with paper towels.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the apricot preserves with soy sauce, garlic powder and salt; pour over the asparagus on the baking sheet and toss using hands to coat with the mixture.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Other than using less-sodium soy sauce, made exactly as written. Just the right amount of sweet and savory.
Delicious and easy. I left out the salt.
Rather than roasting this, I stir fried it with a little oil. It came out pretty good!