Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
this is from campbell's kitchen - i'm saving it here so i don't lose it. this recipe is so simple that it sounds like it can't possibly be any good...but it is tender and tasty. good enough for entertaining but homey enough to be comfort food. i served with buttered noodles but the campbell's site says try it with mashed potatoes.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 lbs boneless pork roast (i used smaller 2.5 lb roast. can also use pork loin)
- mix the broth, preserves, onion and mustard in a 3.5 qt slow cooker.
- add the pork, cutting to fit, if necessary.
- cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours, or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- if desired: when done, remove pork and thicken sauce with mixture of 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed into 2 tbsp water and boil till thickened.