Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 453.59 g boneless pork loin, cut into one-inch cubes
- 283.49 g jar apricot preserves
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 59.16 ml orange liqueur or 59.16 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml butter
- Stir together preserves, ginger, liqueur and butter, simmer in a small saucepan until butter is melted.
- Place pork cubes in heavy plastic bag, pour 3/4 cup apricot mixture over to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Thread pork onto 4-6 skewers that have been soaked in water for 60 minutes, grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade.
- Heat remaining apricot sauce to boiling and serve alongside kabobs.
This was very good! I marinated it for about 2 hours and then griled over low heat approx 5 minutes each side. They came out perfect and very juice, not over cooked. Served with rice, salad and rolls for an easy Sunday dinner. Made for Photo Tag.
Easy and tasty pork kebob recipe!!! I bought a boneless pork loin that had both white and dark meat and a thin layer of fat (to provide moisture). I cubed the loin and let it marinade in the preserves mix for a couple hours. Also, seasoned the kebobs with salt right after I took them off the grill. The key is to have the kebobs caramelize on the outside without overcooking them and drying the inside - grilled approximately 4 minutes on each side. Served them with my couscous salad. Thank you Rita for posting a simple and great tasting recipe.
Made for Newest Zaar Tag. These were really yummy! DH couldn't stop raving about how good they were ~ he's a big apricot fan. I didn't have any skewers so I just grilled the pork chops that I had and they worked just fine. Will be having these again now that grill season will be here soon! Thanks for posting this Rita!