Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One recipe you will want to add to your menu selections for sure! YUM!
Make and share this Apricot Glazed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml apricot jam
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 (3628.73 g) pork chops, 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to med-hot fire.
- In a small pan, combine the jam and vinegar. Over a low heat, cook until jam melts. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper. Remove from heat. Separate the glaze into 2 small containers, and set aside. (One will be to glaze the pork chops as they are cooking, and the other will be to put on your chops at the table).
- Trim pork chops. Lightly brush chops with oil.
- Add pepper.
- Place chops on a well-oiled grill.
- Brush glaze on one side of chops, flip over chops, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Brush glaze on the other side, flip the chops over, and cook 2-3 more minutes on that side. (Throw the leftover glaze from this dish away).
- Cut center to check for doneness. You want a light pink blush near the bone.
- Add salt at the table.
- Use remaining container of glaze on chops at the table.
I'm giving this 5 stars because it looks delicious. However, there needs to be a clarification as far as the glaze is concerned. Brushing raw chops with the glaze at the grill and then using that same glaze at the table is introducing a contamination, due to dipping your brush (whatever you use) into the glaze to brush the raw chops with. I would suggest halving the glaze, using half at the grill and the rest safely as the table, something the recipe wasn't clear about, but anything a cook-in-the-know would realize.
This is sooooo goood!!!! What else can I say I think that sums it up. I could not make with chops as they did not look very good today, so I bought pork fillet steak,s but who cares this is a wonderful glaze and a definite keeper. I got home from work later than expected so I cooked these under the grill rather than on the BBQ as I had planned. I do not think this affected this wonderful recipe at all, apart from not having the great grill marks on the steaks. For such a super quick recipe with an outstanding flavour I would recommend anyone trying. Another winner Linda