Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 lbs boneless ham
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes or 1 lb some other small potato
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill sprig
- Heat oven to 350°F Place the ham on a foil-lined baking sheet and cook until heated through, 50 to 60 minutes, spreading the ham with the preserves after 20 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a colander; run under cold water until cool. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, horseradish, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to combine; fold in the dill. Thinly slice the ham and serve with the vegetables.