Recipe by ChefCO Mom
The chutney makes this dish! Be sure to make this at your next gathering and you'll be the star of the party!
- 2 cups dried apricots, small diced
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 lbs smoked ham, pit
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the apricots, orange zest, sugar, water, and honey in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes until it's a nice thick glaze. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla paste, cardamon, allspice, coriander and sage.
- Glaze ham with half of the apricot mixture and bake at 350. Baste frequently, until the ham is heated through.about 45 minutes.
- While the ham is baking, in the saucepan with the remaining apricot mixture, add the cranberries and red wine. Simmer until the mixture is thick.
- Serve the ham with the cranberry chutney.