Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Apricot and Ham are wonderful together. From "Ways to Prepare Meat 1978".
- 4 lbs ham, cooked
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 whole clove, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Saute ham in a large saucepan in a little butter for about 15 minutes or until the ham is golden brown all over.
- Score the top and sides in a criss-cross pattern.
- Return the ham to the saucepan and cook slowly for 15 minutes making sure the ham does not stick to the pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour carefully over the ham. Cover and simmer slowly for 2 hours, basting all the time.
- Stuf each cross with cloves and serve.