Recipe by kittycatmom
We really like Apricot Chicken. In the summer I hate to heat up the house. DH made this for a cookout. Absolutely delicious! **There is also a variation in the directions for Asian Glazed Chicken. *PLEASE NOTE!* For easier clean up I would suggest using a grill pan or aluminum to cook the chicken on. Found this recipe in Cooking Light.
Top Review by teresas
This was very easy to prepare and the chicken comes out nice and moist. I did use boneless chicken breast. The glaze gives the chicken a nice caramelized sweetness. The only thing we didn't enjoy was the grill clean up. I can't wait to try the Asian-glazed version. Thanks for posting. :)
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).