Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful side dish for dinner party or to impress.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 4 carrots peeled into thin ribbon
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Add the green beans and carrot ribbons. Cover the saucepan and cook 5 minutes, or until the veggies are crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in microwave on high power, heat the apricot preserves 30 seconds or until it becomes liquid. Place the green beans and carrots in serving bowl; toss with apricot preserves, salt, and cayenne pepper to coat.
Tastes great and so bright and colorful too! We prepared this according to the recipe and everyone loved it, especially the kids--we'll make this one again.
I made this for my Thanksgiving Dinner and they were a big hit!!...so I'm told. I never got to try them other then a taste test! I did a few minor changes, but just with how I prepared, not the recipe itself. 1. I cooked the beans for a few minutes before adding the carrots as I wanted the carrots to also retain their crunch. 2. After placing in colander to drain, I used the same pot to heat the preserves, seasoning at that time. I added about a tsp of red wine also, to thin a bit more. 3. I returned the veggies to the pot, tossed to coat and then into the serving dish. My one small taste test was surely not enough, so I will make this again at X-mas time. Thanks sooo much for adding to my lovely dinner.