Recipe by Ewalla
This is the first time I made duck. I used diiferent suggestions to come up with my own version
- 4 wild ducks, cleaned
- 1 apple, chunked
- 1 orange, chunked
- 1 onion, chunked
- 4 celery ribs, chopped into 1-inch pices
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- garlic powder
- poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine (I used merlot)
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the skin of the ducks and rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning. Let marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stuff each duck with pieces of apple, orange, onion and celery. Rub the ducks with soy sauce and oil and place in roasting pan. Baste with red wine. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Every 15 minutes baste the ducks with more wine and juices from the pan. Let bake for about 2 hours and 15 minutes to 2 1/2 hours.
- Combine apricot preserves with honey and thin it out with a little water. Uncover the ducks and baste with the glaze. Turn the oven to broil and cook ducks for about 10-15 more minutes. Just keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
- Serve with garlic bread to soak up the juices.