Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A pleasant change from run-of the-mill chicken breasts. I use no sugar added preserves and this reduces the calories.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Rinse and pat dry chicken with paper towels.
- Sprinkle paprika over chicken.
- Spray non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare sauce as follows just before serving.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, cook and stir for one minute.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over chicken.
Very good. The sauce has a nice sweet and slightly smoky flavor tht compliments the chicken well. I found it a bit too sweet, but not enough to ruin the dish. Next time, I would double the amount of sauce as there wasn't quite enough to go around.
good and easy-used water instead of orange juice as a bit sweet for some of the family....will make it for Sukkot.
This was an easy and delicious recipe, but a little sweet. Next time I will add a little crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.