1/3 Photos of Apricot Glazed Chicken and Couscous
Another entry for the "I got home late, but still want a great meal" category. You can make this faster than it would take to go out and get take-out. And it's delicious. This one is for 2, but can very easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(To finely chop the apricots, spray kitchen shears with non stick spray, and snip them into small pieces.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes or until just done.
- 3Don't overcook, you don't want chewy chicken.
- 4Combine preserves and vinegar in a bowl, then add the cooked chicken.
- 5Add the broth to the pan, scraping up the good stuff on the bottom, add the apricots.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and cover, simmer 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in couscous, top with chicken mixture.
- 9Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Fluff couscous with a fork, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Glazed Chicken and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 613.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g