Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Another entry for the "I got home late, but still want a great meal" category. You can make this faster than it would take to go out and get take-out. And it's delicious. This one is for 2, but can very easily be doubled.
- (To finely chop the apricots, spray kitchen shears with non stick spray, and snip them into small pieces.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes or until just done.
- Don't overcook, you don't want chewy chicken.
- Combine preserves and vinegar in a bowl, then add the cooked chicken.
- Add the broth to the pan, scraping up the good stuff on the bottom, add the apricots.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in couscous, top with chicken mixture.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, and serve.
I've made this recipe at least 5 times, it's great. Thanks Leeann
This was so easy and delicious! I scaled for 6 servings so I had to cook the couscous in a separate pot (but I was still sure to scrape the good stuff from the pan). I was worried about the sauce being too sweet (or too vinegarry -- my husband does not like that) but it was neither! It was just right. The apricots were a wonderful addition to the couscous. I served with steamed broccoli.
Excellent! This is so easy and so good! I've made it twice - the first time, since I had no dried apricots, I omitted them and increased the amount of preserves. It was good, but a bit too sweet. The second time, I used the specified amount of preserves and added both golden raisins and some slivered almonds I had left over from baking. Delicious!