Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet & savory version of glazed carrots.
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves (or mango chutney)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, cook/steam carrots for 10 - 15 mins or until carrots are tender; drain.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in preserves until blended. Stir in orange juice, rind, nutmeg & salt; cook 5 minutes
- Add cooked carrots; gently toss to coat & serve.
We really enjoyed these tasty little carrots. They were lovely, tender and full of bright bold flavors. They were perfect with our pork and corn mashed potatoes. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Fall Pac/12