Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I have tried this, and we absolutely love this.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place carrots and onion in slow cooker, and add the water.
- Cover & cook on low for 9 hours.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and preserves together, and pour over carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Delicious carrots! I don't care for onions so left them out. I scaled this back to a couple of servings so just cooked the carrots for 30 minutes on the stovetop instead of in the crock pot, then continued with the recipe as stated. The honey/apricot combination is so great and wonderful with the carrots. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for your spring TicTacToe Event win
So simple and tasty. Even my picky friend enjoyed these. Make for your Football Pool 2010
week 10 win.
These were good carrots and the fact that I can just put in the crockpot and not worry about them is even better! Made as is except accidently grapped the 1/2 cup measuring cup rather than the 1/3 so there was a little more glaze. It actually turned out well, had a little to pour over the carrots. Made for 123Hits.