Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Great main dish for a couple! Tasty glaze and beautiful presentation!
Top Review by VickyJ
This was great, but I didn't buy the right ham. The one I bought was presliced, and that affected the end result alittle. Other than that, it was great. Very tasty! This was our Christmas Eve dinner. Thank you! :)
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) smoked ham or 1 (3 1/2 lb) honey-roasted ham, boneless
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 maraschino cherries
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place ham on rack in open roasting pan, cut side facing down.
- Insert meat thermometer in the thickest, center part of the ham.
- Bake for about 2 hours.
- Drain pineapple; reserve syrup.
- In small saucepan, cook syrup, apricot preserves, dry mustard, allspice and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for about 10 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and brush immediately with the glaze.
- Use toothpicks to secure pineapples around the ham. Secure a cherry in the center of each pineapple.
- Return ham to oven and bake 1 hour longer or until thermometer registers 160°F
- Brush with glaze one last time about 10 minutes before done.