Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
July 2004 Vegetarian Times. I will most likely use tofu instead of seitan.
- 1 cup raw quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh ginger
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces teriyaki-seasoned seitan
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces baby bok choy, rinsed and cored
- 5 fresh apricots, pitted and quartered
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, and when ready, remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add oil and stir-fry ginger, mushrooms and seitan for 2 to 3 minutes, or until seitan is browned.
- Add garlic, bok choy and apricots, and continue stir-frying for 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups vegetable stock, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar. Stir together 1/2 cup vegetable stock and cornstarch to make a slurry, and combine with sesame oil mixture.
- Pour over contents of wok, stir well and cover. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until sauce thickens. Uncover, stir well and remove from heat.
- Spoon rice onto serving platter or individual dishes, and top each with equal portions of apricot mixture. Serve while hot.