Recipe by dukeswalker
My dd and I love to go for tea at a great little tea place here in Mesa...I have been trying to duplicate their Apricot Ginger scones and have finally come close (Thanks to Mean Chef's Buttermilk Scone recipe)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dry ingredients in food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add butter, pulse until butter is mixed through.
- Place flour/butter mixture in bowl.
- Add apricots, ginger and buttermilk and mix with a fork until a rough dough forms.
- Place on floured work surface.
- Form into a disk about 1 1/2 inches high, cut disk in half and in half again.
- Cut each of the 4 pieces either into thirds to get 12 or in half again to get 8.
- OR cut with large cookie cutter, cutting straight down (don't twist) and don't pat dough more that 2 times total.
- Place on silpat or parchment lined sheet pan and freeze for 20 minutes+.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 400.