Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A sweet and savory meal that's easy to prepare, and a treat to eat!
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix together the preserves, soy sauce, ginger and water. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Marinate the pork chops in the mixture for one hour turning once to make sure all of the pork gets seasoned. Do not use a metal bowl to marinate.
- Remove chops from marinade and place on a broiler pan previously sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Discard used marinade.
- Broil the pork chops about 5 inches from heat until juices run clear (about 4-5 minutes each side).
- Spoon or brush the reserved mixture on the pork chops and broil for one minute longer.
- Always make sure pork is fully cooked before eating!
My favorite kind of recipe: I can make many variations. In this instance, I made half the marinade, saving 2 tablespoons for brushing on, and separately marinated 1 thick pork chop and 1 boneless chicken breast in small zip seal bags. Both were broiled for about 20 minutes and made me 2 delicious meals. Served the chop with a side of Recipe #172422, and the chicken was dinner the next night. I am going to try this next time with pineapple preserves and cinnamon, and the meat can be cubed and kabobbed. Thanks for a wonderful recipe Kitcharen. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.