Top Review by Roosie
Quite good. We added about 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger, but I still felt it needed a little more kick. Maybe more ginger or some cinnamon? Nice muffins, though and tasty... just not perfect.
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, prepare pans.
- In a large bowol sift together, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& ginger.
- Combine egg, milk, melted butter, grated peel& chopped apricots.
- Add dry mix to wet mix until just combined.
- Spoon into pans& bake for 20 to 25 minutes.