Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This my first attempt in making chutney! I chose this because I like the ingredients and I hope it comes out, how that remains to be seen! Found this originally in the Olive Magazine, August 2007; however, have tweaked it a bit!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 1⁄8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 ounces sultanas, raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 5 1⁄8 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, then cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the aprictos, sultanas, ginger, pineapple juice and vinegar, then bubble gently for 10-15 minutes until the apricots become pulpy and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the sugar and cook for 2 more minutes until chutney is sticky, then season and cool.
- Place in a sterilized glass jar or stoneware container.