8 hrs 20 mins
In Bahrain(and all over the Middle East), apricots are plentiful, and they are dried to preserve them. Here is a recipe using the dried apricots that is yummy as a snack! On occasion a little lemon juice can be added(about a tsp.) but you may want to add a touch more honey if adding the lemon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160 degrees F. with rack in center.
- 2Place apricots in a large bowl, and cover with the water; let soak until they are completely soft, 30 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a fine sieve; drain, and reserve liquid.
- 3Place apricots in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade; add honey and sugar. Process until mixture is very smooth and easily spreadable. If it is too thick, add up to 1 tablespoon soaking liquid.
- 4Cover two 10-by-15-inch baking sheets with plastic wrap. Divide puree between the sheets; spread in a thin, even layer with an offset spatula. Let dry in oven until mixture is firm but slightly tacky, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove from oven; let cool.
- 5Peel fruit leather from plastic wrap, and cut into 1-inch-wide strips using a pizza cutter. Roll tightly into cylinders, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pitted Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pitted Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Fruit Leather Rolls(Bahrain)
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g