Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In Bahrain(and all over the Middle East), apricots are plentiful, and they are dried to preserve them. Here is a recipe using the dried apricots that is yummy as a snack! On occasion a little lemon juice can be added(about a tsp.) but you may want to add a touch more honey if adding the lemon.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees F. with rack in center.
- Place apricots in a large bowl, and cover with the water; let soak until they are completely soft, 30 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a fine sieve; drain, and reserve liquid.
- Place apricots in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade; add honey and sugar. Process until mixture is very smooth and easily spreadable. If it is too thick, add up to 1 tablespoon soaking liquid.
- Cover two 10-by-15-inch baking sheets with plastic wrap. Divide puree between the sheets; spread in a thin, even layer with an offset spatula. Let dry in oven until mixture is firm but slightly tacky, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Peel fruit leather from plastic wrap, and cut into 1-inch-wide strips using a pizza cutter. Roll tightly into cylinders, and serve.