Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stewart Kids magazine and is to be used for frosting Recipe #. I made a half sized version of the cakes, so I only made a half recipe of this. This is a VERY buttery buttercream frosting. :) This is the lighter yellow color stuff in the photo.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam (Apricot Whip, or your own jam)
- Cream butter (until lightened in color and fluffy) in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) on medium high speed.
- Reduce speed to medium, and add sugar in 1/2 cup at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and Apricot Whip.
- Use immediately or refrigerate airtight up to 3 days and stir before using.