Recipe by Sydney Mike
Yet another frozen dessert recipe from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook 'so good with FRUIT.' Preparation time includes neither the time to cool down nor the time to freeze & refreeze.
Top Review by Darkhunter
This was extremely good and refreshing. I, also, made it in my ice cream maker. I can see me making this frequently this summer. Topped with your Recipe #413886! Thnx, as always, for sharing your recipe, Syd. Made for PRMR recipe tag game.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans apricot halves
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup of the syrup.
- In a saucepan, mix gelatin, sugar, syrup & egg yolks.
- Heat, stirring until mixture comes to boil, then remove from heat.
- Run apricots through a sieve [or otherwise mash them properly!], then add them to the gelatin.
- Add lemon juice, then stir in milk & cream.
- Freeze in refrigerator trays of metal baking dish.
- Break into chunks & beat smooth.
- Fold in egg whites, then pour into trays & freeze until firm.