Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another frozen dessert recipe from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook 'so good with FRUIT.' Preparation time includes neither the time to cool down nor the time to freeze & refreeze.
- Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup of the syrup.
- In a saucepan, mix gelatin, sugar, syrup & egg yolks.
- Heat, stirring until mixture comes to boil, then remove from heat.
- Run apricots through a sieve [or otherwise mash them properly!], then add them to the gelatin.
- Add lemon juice, then stir in milk & cream.
- Freeze in refrigerator trays of metal baking dish.
- Break into chunks & beat smooth.
- Fold in egg whites, then pour into trays & freeze until firm.
This was extremely good and refreshing. I, also, made it in my ice cream maker. I can see me making this frequently this summer. Topped with your Blueberry Sauce, Plain and Simple! Thnx, as always, for sharing your recipe, Syd. Made for PRMR recipe tag game.
Syd - you have such a GORGEOUS selection of fruity recipes, and this was another STUNNER!!! I made this in my ice cream maker and it was perfect! I then topped it with your apricot sauce, for a double apricot whammy! The finishing touch was a GLUG of Apricot Brandy - DH LOVED it, as did I! A delightful additon to my ever expanding Sydney Mike FRUITY recipes!! Thanks for posting such a fruity and LIGHT recipe, it was very refreshing & a keeper for us. FT:-)