Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My own recipe-delicious! -use medium size unglazed clay pot ( Romertopft). Use flanken ribs-they are such meatier and tastier. Everglades seasoning is a wonderful all-purpose seasoning available in all the supermarkets in Florida. Substitute seasoned salt instead.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs, flanken cut
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon everglades seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped coarsely
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped coarsely
- cooked white rice
- Soak Clay Pot for 30 minutes in water ( top and bottom).
- Put 1/2 of onions and garlic into the bottom of the pot.
- Put ribs over.
- Mix preserves, ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar and seasonings together. Add beef broth and mix together thoroughly. Pour over ribs.
- Put other half on onions and garlic over top.
- Cover the clay pot with the cover and place in cold oven. Bake at 400F for 3 hours. Taste and correct seasonings with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve over rice.