this flavorful main course is a great company offering. The tenderloin tastes wonderful and looks so pretty when it's sliced to reveal the golden apricot centre!
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour dressing
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 slice onion, seperated into rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Make a lengthwize pocket cut three quarters of the way through each tenderloin and pound with a meat mallet to flatten evenly.
- Set aside three apricots for marinade.
- Stuff remaining apricots into tenderloins to within 1/2 inch of ends; secure with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- In a blender combine the marinade ingredients and the reserved apricots.
- Cover and process until smooth; set aside 1/3 cup.
- Pour remaining marinade over tenderloins.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning meat often.
- Drain meat and discard marinade.
- Drizzle reserved marinade over meat and bake, uncovered, at 400*F for 30 to 35 minutes.