Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These sound so scrumptious. I haven't tried them yet, but plan on trying them very soon.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen blueberries, unthawed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Reserve 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish.
- In a large bowl combine baking mix, milk, sugar, cinnamon and remaining 2 cups blueberries.
- Stir just until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto surface dusted with baking mix; knead 5 times.
- Roll 1/2-inch thick; cut dough with a 3" heart or other shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently re-roll and cut out scraps; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To serve: Slice biscuits horizontally in halves; spread apricot preserves on bottom halves; cover with tops.
- Serve with reserved blueberries and whipped cream, if desired.
- (Any unfilled biscuits may be frozen for later use.) Yield: 8 servings.