Recipe by Sharon123
This came from a little booklet called "Anti-Aging Nutrients" put out by Prevention magazine. Delicious and healthy, who could ask for more?
- 2 cups plain yogurt (or try vanilla)
- 12 ounces dried apricots
- 4 ounces dried figs, halved
- 2 cups water
- 1 vanilla bean, split open
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon the yogurt into a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Place over a bowl and allow to drain for 4 hours.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate until needed.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 30 mins, or until the fruits are very soft.
- Remove and discard the spices.
- Divide the fruits among dessert dishes and top with spoonfuls of the yogurt.
- Serves 6.