Recipe by Carrie Ann
These light and airy apricot-coconut cookies have a sweet,tangy apricot frosting.These are a delicious addition to the cookie jar or holiday cookie tray.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in food processor.
- Pulse in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly.
- Add coconut and 1/2 cup of preserves.
- Blend until just moistened; be careful not to over-mix batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- When cookies are cool frost with apricot frosting.
- Frosting: In small bowl combine powdered sugar, apricot preserves and butter.