Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love apricots and thought this sauce sounded good. Serve with wontons or eggrolls.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
- I'm guessing at the number of servings, but it does make about 3/4 cup of sauce.
This is a very good sauce!! A bit on the sweet side, so I did add a little more soy sauce. Used to dip eggrolls in.
I'm guessing preserves are what we Aussies would call jam. I didn't have jam, but did have some really yummy homemade apricot chutney so I used it instead along with about half a dozen dried apricots. I whizzed all ingredients in my food processor and ended up with a delicious but thicker dipping paste!
I used 1/4 cup strawberry jam, 1 teaspoon (Read: packet) mustard, 1 packet soy sauce and a hearty dusting of ginger and it was amazing on my rice and pea pods. :-D (I also used the microwave and served it warm)