Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
This makes a very quick and easy meal....just add a salad and bread, or a vegetable or two! Garnish the chicken with lime wedges and fresh basil sprigs for presentation. Its great for a busy week night, because total prep and cooking time can be kept to under 40 minutes! This recipe came from Bellingham Covenant Church's cookbook in Bellingham, WA.
- Combine apricot necar and mustard in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Turn chicken, cover and simmer an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until done.
- Place couscous on a serving platter and place chicken on top of it, reserving the cooking liquid in skillet. Keep couscous and chicken warm.
- Bring the reserved cooking liquid in the skillet to a boil; cook uncovered about 10 minutes or until it is reduced to one cup. Spoon the sauce over the chicken; sprinkle with minced basil.
Great way to fix the chicken breasts that I often prepare, & I do enjoy the combo of Dejon mustard & apricot! I did use just 4 breasts (large ones) but kept the other ingredients the same! Absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday]
Delish and easy too -- what more can you ask for? My chicken did take about twice as long to cook as indicated in the recipe, but it was still a bit frozen. Served with some frozen veggies cooked in the micro for a fast and easy dinner! Thanks for sharing!
This is so yummy. I loved the sauce. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (5). I did half the recipe. Thanks Breezermom :) Made for 123 hit wonders